Why Pick Concrete Floor for Your Warehouse?
Concrete flooring has come a long way from lining pavements. Now, concrete flooring is being used in commercial and residential properties and has also become a popular design feature. While industrial concrete flooring styles are now being used in residential properties, it’s still one of the most durable and efficient warehouse floor options.
Concrete flooring is the most appropriate flooring option for warehouses for many reasons:
- Levelling – concrete flooring is able to achieve exceptional levelling through precise laying techniques.
- Durability – concrete flooring is arguably the most durable flooring options for warehouses because of the complex creation process it goes through.
- Aesthetics – concrete flooring is very aesthetically pleasing and will bring a much-needed shine to your warehouse.
Concrete flooring in warehouses has many benefits, if you’d like to know more about how our concrete flooring options can improve your warehouse, get in touch with us today via our contact form.
Here at Concrete Flooring Solutions, we offer a variety of concrete flooring options for warehouses. We have detailed the concrete flooring options appropriate for warehouses below:
Industrial Concrete Flooring
Our industrial concrete flooring for warehouses offers exceptional durability and are poured to the highest specifications and tolerance to ensure it lasts a lifetime. Industrial concrete flooring is one of the most widely-used concrete floors across the UK, lining multi-storey car parks, pavements and other industrial sites and areas. Industrial concrete flooring for warehouses see high amounts of foot traffic and constant abuse from vehicles and heavy machinery – which is why it must be laid appropriately.
Commercial Concrete Flooring
Warehouses are commercial properties and we guarantee our commercial concrete floors will transform the interior of your warehouse. Our most popular concrete floor for warehouses is by far polished concrete.
Polished concrete flooring has become popular in the warehouse industry for two primary reasons: it’s incredibly durable and resilient to constant abuse and foot traffic, and it offers an exceptional shine. Polished concrete offers a versatile solution to your warehouse requirements.
Maintaining Concrete Flooring in Warehouses
Concrete flooring is generally easy to maintain because its durability and flat surfacing. Maintaining concrete flooring in warehouses come with a few advantages when it comes to cleaning and maintenance, because:
- There are no joints, grout lines or areas where dirt could end up trapped
- It’s resilient to water, stains and abrasion (when properly sealed)
- Pet and child-proof
- Easily maintained and cleaned
- Only have to renew sealer every few years
There are some maintenance tips to remember to help keep concrete flooring in warehouses in shape. These are:
- Using floor mats and rugs in high traffic areas to help reduce the need for maintenance
- Spills must be cleaned quickly and efficiently to ensure they don’t absorb into the concrete
- Use microfiber cleaning tools when dry or damp mopping
- Cleaning Stained Concrete in Warehouses
If your warehouse has stained concrete, it’s likely it will require more maintenance. However, cleaning it is generally very simple:
- Dry or damp mop regularly to ensure the concrete isn’t affected by dirt, grime and abrasion.
- Use a pH-neutral cleaner and water for deeper cleaning (occasional).
- And protect concrete flooring in warehouses with a strong film-forming sealer and wax.
You can follow the same maintenance routine when cleaning stained floors in commercial properties. Although, you may need to wax more often and clean regularly because these properties see more foot traffic.
Polished Concrete in Warehouses
Polished concrete goes through a very complex process (involving densification and polishing), which makes them incredibly durable. Polished concrete in warehouses is generally very easy to maintain because they don’t require sealers or wax. This makes them a very strong concrete floor option for warehouses. Simply:
Damp mop occasionally with a p-H neutral cleaner. These cleaners can also be applied to mops, meaning no buffing is required.
Polished concrete can sometimes lose its shine, simply buff it with a standard concrete buffer to restore the shine. If that doesn’t do the trick, you can re-buff a concrete floor with a fine-grit abrasive.
Safety with Concrete Flooring in Warehouses
Safety in commercial properties is paramount, which is why our team at Concrete Flooring Solutions ensures that our techniques abide by The Concrete Society’s Technical Report 34 (the industry standard for concrete industrial ground floors). Keeping concrete flooring in warehouses maintained is essential, as the floor can become a safety hazard if it becomes damaged over time. Warehouses generally see a lot of foot and machine traffic, which is why it’s important to maintain your concrete flooring to a high standard.